PLEASE CHOOSE OPTION (1), (2), or (3) below.
OPTION (1) TO UPDATE
• political party affiliation,
• name, or
PLUS request vote-by-mail ballots,
complete a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA).
The FPCA may ONLY be used by members of the uniformed services and Merchant Marine living outside Duval County; uniformed services and Merchant Marine members’ dependents and spouses living outside Duval County; and overseas voters. If you do not meet the requirements to use the FPCA, please proceed to option (2) below.
Complete the FPCA with handwritten, pen-to-paper signature. An incomplete FPCA could delay ballot delivery, and so please contact our office with any questions.
A person who is already registered to vote in Florida may return the completed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR fax (904-301-3867) OR mail to Maggie Johnson, Supervisor of Elections Office, 105 E. Monroe St., Jacksonville, FL 32202. (How does a person register to vote in Florida?)
OPTION (2) TO UPDATE
• political party affiliation,
• name, or
complete a Florida Voter Registration Application (FVRA). This form is for both registration and updates.
Complete the FVRA with handwritten, pen-to-paper signature. An incomplete FVRA could delay your change(s) being made, and so please contact our office with any questions.
A person who is already registered to vote in Florida may return the completed form by email@example.com OR fax (904-301-3867) OR mail to Maggie Johnson, Supervisor of Elections Office, 105 E. Monroe St., Jacksonville, FL 32202. (How does a person register to vote in Florida?)
OPTION (3) TO UPDATE
• an address only,
you may use option (3).
PLEASE NOTE that options (1) and (2) update your signature. Updating your signature is important since voted vote-by-mail ballots can be rejected if the signature returned with the voted ballot does not match the signature on the voter’s registration record.
Option (3) is that you may contact the Supervisor of Elections and provide items 1-10 below. ONLY THE VOTER may update the voter’s voter registration record. Contact the Supervisor of Elections by email (with attachment of signed, written note containing items 1-10 below) at firstname.lastname@example.org; by telephone (904-255-3431); by fax (904-301-3867); or by mail to Maggie Johnson, Supervisor of Elections Office, 105 E. Monroe St., Jacksonville, FL 32202, with the following information (only the voter may update the voter’s voter registration record).
IMPORTANT NOTE! An update via email must contain an attachment of a signed, written note containing the following items:
1. Voter’s name.
2. Voter’s date of birth.
3. Voter’s Florida Driver License number OR the voter’s Florida Identification Card number OR the last four digits of the voter’s Social Security number, whichever may be verified in the Supervisor’s records. If you cannot remember which one our office has on file, please provide all.
4. Voter’s Duval County legal voting residence address. (If a voter is temporarily living outside Duval County; is not maintaining a residence address within Duval County; and intends to remain a resident of Duval County, then that person may use the address of the Supervisor of Elections Office—105 East Monroe Street, Jacksonville, Florida 32202—as his or her legal voting residence address.) IMPORTANT!! If a voter uses use 105 East Monroe Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202, as a voting residence address, then the voter MUST provide a mailing address outside Duval County (see item 5).
5. Mailing address for items such as voter information cards, sample ballots, and other notices.
6. Signature of voter (required for written updates INCLUDING emailed updates).
IF YOU WOULD ALSO LIKE TO REQUEST BALLOTS TO BE SENT TO YOU FOR FUTURE ELECTIONS, PLEASE ALSO PROVIDE
7. For how far into the future the voter would like vote-by-mail ballots scheduled (maximum is through the next regularly scheduled general election) OR the voter may list specific elections for which ballots are desired.
8. Preferred delivery method for vote-by-mail ballots: mail, fax, or email.
ONLY an overseas voter OR a member of the uniformed services, Merchant Marine, or spouse or dependent of a member of the uniformed services or Merchant Marine LIVING OUTSIDE DUVAL COUNTY is eligible for faxed and emailed ballots.
NOTE: To use the emailed ballot, the voter will need a printer, printer paper, two envelopes, and postage (overseas voters returning the voted ballot by fax do not need the envelopes and postage.) Further instructions are provided with emailed and faxed ballots.
9. Where to send any vote-by-mail ballots: address, fax number, or email address.
10. If applicable, if not already provided above, the voter’s overseas address (or a statement that the voter is overseas. For example, “Voter is living overseas.”)
Sections 97.1031, 98.077, 101.045(1), 101.62, Fla. Stat. (2021)