PLEASE NOTE: Vote-by-mail ballots for military and overseas voters are sent by 45 days prior to an election.
If you have not received your vote-by-mail ballot:
1. Confirm your request. Please make sure there is a request for a vote-by-mail ballot on file for you by checking your status. Please make sure the ballot address is correct.
2. Request another (or your first) ballot. You may request a ballot online or by email, fax, or mail. The deadline for the Supervisor of Elections to receive a request for a vote-by-mail ballot to be mailed to you is six days prior to the election.
3. Use the "back-up" ballot. If you have requested a vote-by-mail ballot and not received it, then military voters living outside Duval County and overseas voters may download, complete, and return a Federal-Write-in Absentee Ballot ("FWAB") (also available at www.fvap.gov). The FWAB contains instructions, a page for you to enter your voter information, and several pages for you to write in your voting choices. If you receive your pre-printed ballot and return that ballot as well, then turning in both will NOT be considered double voting. Instructions for returning the FWAB are located on the first page of the downloaded FWAB.
In order for the FWAB to count, remember that you must have a request for a vote-by-mail ballot already on file (if you don’t have a request on file, then submit a request). Also, you must return the FWAB by the deadline; your deadline is the same as it would be if your ballot were a pre-printed ballot.
4. Consider requesting an emailed or faxed ballot. If the deadline (six days prior to the election) for the Supervisor of Elections to receive a request for a mailed ballot has passed, then be aware that military voters living outside Duval County and overseas voters may still request a ballot to be emailed or faxed to you.
5. If you still have questions or concerns,
please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
, by fax at (904) 301-3867, or by telephone to Maggie Johnson at (904) 630-8015.
Fla. Stat. §§101.6952(2)(a-b) (2014) and §§101.6952(3)(b)-(5) (2014)