Removal of Voter

Pursuant to Florida Statute 98.045, once a voter is registered, the name of that voter may not be removed from the statewide voter registration system, except at the written request of the voter, by reason of the voter’s conviction of a felony or adjudication as mentally incapacitated with respect to voting, by death of the voter, or pursuant to a registration list maintenance activity conducted pursuant to s. 98.065 or s. 98.075.

How can you cancel your Florida voter registration record?

If you are a Duval County voter who has moved your legal residence to a location outside of Florida or you want to be removed from the Florida voting rolls, please complete the Cancellation of Voter Registration Form.  English Word document of Cancellation of Voter Registration PDF of Cancellation of Voter Registration form   Spanish Word doc of Spanish cancellation of Florida voter registration PDF of Spanish cancellation of Florida voter registration

Return the form by:
Fax: 904-255-3434
Mail: 105 E. Monroe St., Jacksonville, FL 32202

How are we notified when voters pass away?

The Division of Elections works with the Florida Department of Health and the U.S. Social Security Administration to match death certificate recordings to the Florida Voter Registration rolls. The information is sent to the county elections office for review and the voter may be removed by the local elections official without contact from a family member. In some cases however, the information on the death certificate does not exactly match the information on the voter's registration record, therefore our office would not be notified. A deceased voter who may still be on our registration rolls can be promptly removed with a copy of the death certificate. We understand the costs associated and do not require an original death certificate; a photo copy or scanned copy is acceptable. Your time and effort is greatly appreciated in helping us keep Florida's voting rolls accurate.

If the voter is registered to vote in Duval County, please send a copy of the death certificate by:
Mail: 105 E. Monroe St., Jacksonville, FL 32202
Please do not fax copies of the certificate.