Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Election Day. Your voter information card shows the precinct, polling place, and voting districts for your address. If you do not have your voter information card you can find your polling site here. You must vote in the precinct in which you live in order for your vote to count. Please make sure that we have your current address so that your name will appear on the correct poll register.
Florida law FS 101.043 requires that you produce both picture and signature identification prior to voting; therefore, be sure to take an approved form of identification bearing your signature and your photo identity to the polling place with you. If you do not have the required identification, you will be allowed to vote a provisional ballot. Acceptable forms of photo identification are:
- Florida drivers license
- Florida identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- United States passport
- Debit or credit card
- Military identification
- Student identification
- Retirement center identification
- Neighborhood association identification
- Public assistance identification
- Veteran health identification card issued by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs
- A license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm issued pursuant to s. 790.06
If your photo identification does not contain your signature, you will be required to show an additional form of identification that provides your signature.
Duval County uses both optical-scan voting machines and touch screen voting machines at all voting precincts and early voting sites. The touch screen machines are equipped with audio capabilities for any voter to use, including those with special needs.
For Optical-Scan Voting
Please read and follow the instructions printed on your ballot and posted in the voting station.
- When marking your ballot, completely fill in the oval next to the candidate or response of your choice
- Do not use a check mark or an X
- When you have finished marking your ballot, insert it into the secrecy folder and proceed to the optical-scan voting machine
- At the machine, remove the ballot from the secrecy folder and insert it into the scanner slot. The ballot can be inserted in any orientation.
- The ballot will be electronically read and will drop into the locked ballot bin
- Give your secrecy folder to the attendant and depart the polling site
- If any problems arise at the voting machine, follow the instructions given by the attendant
For AutoMARK Voting
Please specify to the poll workers whether you will be voting the AutoMARK when voting. The poll workers will issue a paper ballot.
The Duval County Supervisor of Elections uses the AutoMARK Voter Assist Terminal to replace the Accuvote TSX units, touch screens that did not provide a paper trail.
The AutoMARK Voter Assist Terminal is an optical scan ballot marking solution that provides voter privacy and accessibility. It assists voters who are visually-impaired, or have physical impairments that would make it difficult or impossible to mark a ballot in the usual way.
The AutoMARK gives disabled voters the benefits of a touch screen with the added reassurance of a printed paper ballot. The voter is able to verify any selections prior to any mark being made on the ballot. An audio function allows visually impaired voters to listen to their choices prior to marking the ballot. The AutoMARK does not tabulate votes rather it marks a paper ballot that is then placed in a Digital Scan reader (DS200) with all other paper ballots.
Each touch screen voting machine is equipped with audio voting capabilities for voters with special needs, or for any voter to use. Please specify to the poll workers that the audio features are needed before the voter card is issued.
- Each machine that will be used for audio voting will be equipped with a headset and a keypad
- Please listen carefully to the voice-guided instructions on adjusting the headset volume, using the keypad, and voting the audio ballot
- If problems arise, follow the instructions given by the attendant