Absentee Portal Program
State Election Cycle
Primary: August 26, 2014 General: November 4, 2014
City of Jacksonville Election Cycle
First: March 24, 2015 General: May 19, 2015
Overview of Portal Program
Note: Absentee requests may be made for all elections through 2016. Voters may check our website on the home page to determine their absentee status. A form that may be used to collect absentee requests may be found on our website at http://www.duvalelections.com/GetDocument.aspx?id=3012.
The elections office makes absentee requester data available to candidates and political parties pursuant to FS 101.62 (3):
“Request for Absentee Ballots…The information shall be confidential and exempt from the provisions of s. 119.07(1) and shall be made available to or reproduced only for the voter requesting a ballot, a canvassing board, and election official, a political party or official thereof, a candidate who has filed qualification papers and is opposed in an upcoming election, and registered political committees, for political purposes only.”
1) The approved entity (i.e., the candidate) must complete the Access Form (link below) and return to the Supervisor of Elections office along with a campaign check for $50. (PAYMENT NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME)
2) The requester will be provided with a user code, password, a link to the Absentee Portal and instructions for use. (NOT AT THIS TIME)
3) The portal for the next election will open TBD. The data posted on the portal is provided as a text file, in csv format. The end user views and manages the data using excel or another database management software program.
4) There are four types of absentee voters:
A. Overseas military
B. Overseas civilian
C. Domestic military
D. Domestic civilian
5) For our purposes, “Overseas Voters” is comprised of the first three types (A, B, and C). Domestic is civilian only.
6) Intentially left blank.
7) Mailing schedule: The “FIRST DROP” of overseas absentees will be mailed TBD (as per statute). The “FIRST DROP” of domestic absentees will be mailed TBD. After each first drop goes out, absentees are mailed daily.
8) During the active election cycle, files will be posted daily on the portal (when new data is available).
9) Utilize the following fields in the data for the mailing address where the absentee ballot will be mailed: Mailing_Address_1, Mailing_Address_2, Mailing_Address_3, Mailing_Address_4, Mailing_City, Mailing_State and Maling_Zip.
10) Absentee Returns will be posted on the portal when they become available.11) Absentee Codes:
V Voted, Returned Good
C Request cancelled
E Voter Error
U Returned undeliverable
12) Candidates who wish to obtain printed mailing labels for the absentee requests may make those arrangements with the Candidate Department. (Cost for labels is 50 cents per page, 20 labels per page.)
Application for Access to the Absentee Portal
(For use by approved entities only)
To obtain absentee ballot request information, please complete this form and return to our office via email, email@example.com or to the address below:
Duval County Supervisor of Elections
ATTN: Candidate Department
105 East Monroe Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202
(Updated November, 2013)